Tuesday 22 March 2011

What we are learning about... marriage

Continuing a series of blogs quoting from resource papers which others have found useful.

From the paper on For Men & Women Only (a joint review by Steve and Deb Tibbert of two books - For Men Only by Shaunti and Jeff Feldhahn and For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn)...

Deb: ‘I was not surprised by many of the (book’s) findings, such as a man’s need for sex or respect, or the importance he places on appearance, but it did help me get inside my husband’s mind a little more successfully! A couple of things did surprise me, such as the burden a man feels to provide. I really hadn’t appreciated this before.’

Steve: ‘I was always aware that emotions were more complicated for women, but the comparison of emotional testosterone for women with male testosterone helped me understand more deeply the need Deb has for emotional connection and shared emotional lives.’

http://www.kingschurchlondon.org/downloads/formenandwomenonly.pdf