Tuesday 8 February 2011

Clinton quote on conflict

Conflict is a powerful tool in the hand of God and can be used to teach a leader lessons that he would not learn in any other way... What we truly are is revealed in a crisis...It is bad enough to go through conflict; it is worse to go through conflict and not profit from it. (The Making of a Leader by Robert Clinton, pp 107 – 108)


I have learnt more through the difficult times in leadership than in times of success. God uses conflict to hone character and to teach us lessons in ways no other experience can. I believe one of my leadership gifts is team building – King’s has a great team, full of gifted men and women. I learnt more about how team works when I was a part of a team which broke up. This experience, rather than make me pull back from building team, enabled me to increase my awareness on how team works.